Thursday 25 October 2007

Ra Mahamudra!

Thursday 10:55 p.m.
Normally, on Wednesday afternoon I spend the time getting over whatever annoyance has been engendered by the jobbie, but yesterday I spent the afternoon at the jobbie as well, so this morning my mind is a little less calm than it usually is on a Thursday morning.

My main afflictive emotion is anger, Jack. I think us spam robots had worked that one out, Hotboy!

Whilst trying to calm the mind and cause the anger to abate .... you search for the idea of self in the skandas, the compositional factors of which you are composed. Is it in the name and form; the body? Naw! Is it in the senses, or the sense bases, or the sense awareness? Naw! Is it in the perceptions? They're just that which is perceived. Naw! Is it in the consciousness, or the conciousnesses? Naw.

You can simply go around denying it's existence. You can say: I am not the body. I am not the senses. But this false sense of self is in there somewhere, Jack! Where could it be? Of course, it exists in the mental formations, the ideations which, of course, include volitional impulses.

Suddenly wanting to strangle the numpties at the jobbie might be regarded as a mental formation with a volitional impulse. Of course, the computer could also be regarded as a mental formation. Anyway ...

When you're trying to do the juju and you drift off into thinking and relishing the prospect of mass murder, well, this thought might be regarded as a mental formation.

Tell me it's empty, Jack. It's empty, Hotboy. What might that mean, Jack? It might mean that it, along with everything else you perceive while your head is jammed up your backside, is misapprehended. It might appear to be one thing when in fact it is a composition of a great many things, but mainly powered by that old afflictive emotion: anger. Since it can seem to be a single thing, or a single sequence, this murderous thought, you might ask yourself from whence did it arise and where it is going?

It arises in mind. It abides in mind. It declines in mind.

I think the hinayana maybe just stops with this stuff. It's not looking outside your individual mind at the outside world, but you can see aeons of endeavour spent in doing just that. Dealing with the impurities in your own wee mind.

I've hoped against hope that my wonderful writings would magically take me away from the jobbie, but this seems as unlikely as ever. However, yesterday I applied for another jobbie and if I don't erupt at the interview, I might even attain gainful employment elsewhere. If I don't, I think committing murder would be the best option for me. I could spend the rest of my life in solitary confinement working on the mental formations. What a wonderful jobbie that would be!!

Who would I be murdering, Jack, if there are no sentient beings, if at the end of the day, it's just a lot of old photons? Hotboy, you know what you have to remember, don't you? Yes! Get your retaliation in first! No, compassion and altruism is the basis of the path. Like images seen in a dream; thus must we regard all things! Time to go back to the lobby.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say!

Are the Skandas those small islands off the west coast?

What's the latest with respect to Widney?

MM III

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! The small island off the west coast is called America. Widney lost a goal last night in the dying minutes, but because the victors were all virtuous tims and didn't spit at him, he shook everyone by the hand. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I see! So the Virtuous Tim tribe has perchance redeemed his honour? Shall I cable the Shookies?

MM III

rob said...

"Like images seen in a dream; thus must we regard all things!" - is that anything to do with what I believe you blissheids call maya? I think there might be something in that.

Sad to hear about the job rage. And the rage rage. Interview rage is surely a first. Here's something that might help. We grope therapists would say "calm the mind and let the anger abate", not "cause the anger to abate." You see the difference. In Retention Deficit Therapy, we just let go. I did that, and now I have been able to forgive the vile proletariat almost everything. Knocking my cap off in Argyle Street. The catcalls as I walked through the council estate in my sailor's uniform. The lunging alsations when I worked as a postman. It's all forgotten. You see?

Hotboy said...

Mingin'! Cable the Shookies immediately. Ask them if they've a hut for a hotboy! Hotboy
Albert? You're lucky they let you live! Anyway, being in New Caledonia anyone would be cool. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

I find anger the hardest challenge to deal with myself.

I want to solve all the problems with my machette and clean up the mess later.

The problem with that is that the being that most needs that kind of treatment lives inside my head. So I need to clean up the mess there before taking out my machette.

Now if I could just get the rest of the world to say "Yes, your Majesty" to me and do things my way. I'm sure the quiet created would be lovely.

Short of that I have to learn to quiet myself. I'm not sure that is easier.

Ack well.

Hotboy said...

Marie-Rex: Since you're good with the stitching, you could get special machette pocket put into your clothes just you'd know it was there. You could wave it at the sheep anyway! Hotboy

Anonymous said...

That is easy to make a concealed pocket.

Sheep get rocks thrown at them. I don't have enough freezer space to go after them with the machette.

Hotboy said...

Marie-Rex! Since you have to eat meat anyway, have you never thought of rustling a sheep? And then eating it up! Hotboy