Wednesday 5 September 2007

Remptiness!

Wednesday 5:45 p.m.
After a hellish start to the week, today I went up to the hut. How nice to be able to get away and sit there investigating the developments in ra bliss!

Here's something from the Readings on the Six Yogas of Naropa. I'd write it on my wall, but it's a bit long. The first bit's from Nagajuna's Sixty Stanzas on Emptiness.

All the various objects of experience
Are like the moon's reflection in water;
Neither really true nor really false.
Those appreciating this do not lose the view.


Tsongkhapa then states,
One should understand the emptiness doctrine in the context of this simile. The wise perceive that all things - persons and phenomena - arise in reliance upon their own causes and conditions, and that based on this process we impute mental labels upon things. The phenomena themselves have no true or inherent existence from their own side. They have no self-nature whatsoever.

Hmmm? It certainly doesn't look like that. Understanding emptiness isn't hard. That's not the point. It's dead obvious when you think about it, but you've got to realise it. I think I should be trying to combine ra bliss with emptiness and concern myself less about emanating as a deity. What would take longer? Hmmm? You can, of course, blend emptiness with ra bliss while emanating as a deity. Way to go, Hotboy! Way to go!

I have to go to a memorial event on Friday evening, so I might try to go to Bellshill tomorrow. I don't want to lose a whole day to flatheided things. I lost most of last weekend and ra bliss was still stronger today than it was last week. I think this is due to being on the path. Forward! Forward! All my plans are simple!

8 comments:

rob said...

Enjoyed the poem. Also, your explanation can be applied to Ra Tao by the way - it's dead obvious when you think about it, but you've got to realise it.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I know bugger all about ra tao. If you do, you should blog about it. That would help. Hotboy

rob said...

I thought I already was.

ion - cannot see any "leave a comment" link at your place. I'll be away in deepest bush for the weekend so should cop some invertebrate photos.

rob said...

If you do the Tai Chi while visualising the yin and yang, ebb and flow or similar, you're half way there. I was taught to visualise the force going out through the arm opposite to the weight-bearing leg. E.g. as your weight moves into your right leg, the force moves into your left arm/hand, so that's the one you'd be biffing or chopping people with at that moment. And then it changes over on the next step. Everything balances up.

Hotboy said...

Albert? I meant people following their tao. Such as, Casanova was a great taoist because he was born to bonk. I'll think on the other thing you mentioned though the next time I do a set. Hotboy

ion said...

HB- if it's any comfort, such thoughts do bring me closer to trying meditation. I have a great alpha rhythm already, which could only be enhanced.

Hotboy said...

Ion: I think realisations of emptiness are what's supposed to make you happy or happier in this world. Obviously, it will take an awful long time, but what else was one doing? I haven't got any brasses to polish. Hotboy

Anonymous said...

Re no brasses to polish. Who washes your smalls?